This has to be one of the biggest deceptions of our current day. I have heard far too many promoting this euthanasia who call themselves ‘Christians’.
I have found 7 states so far supporting this legalized murder:
- California – End of Life Option Act signed by Gov. Jerry Brown in 2015. Requires 3 physician requests, one of which must be in writing.
- Montana – Rights of the Terminally Ill Act broadened by the state’s supreme court to shield doctors from prosecution for assisted suicide, as long as they have the patient’s request in writing.
- New Mexico – Assisted suicide ruled legal by the 2nd District Court in Albuquerque in 2014. NOTE: As of 2016, the New Mexico Court of Appeals had overturned the 2014 decision, making assisted suicide once again illegal. It is expected the case will be appealed to the state’s Supreme Court.
- Oregon – Death with Dignity Act requires two physician requests, at least 15 days apart, followed by a specified waiting period.
- Vermont – Patient Choice and Control at End of Life Act was passed by legislation in 2013. Requires three physician requests, followed by a specified waiting period.
- Washington – Washington Death with Dignity Act was voted in by 58 percent of the state’s voters in 2008. A series of separate requests is required, following a waiting period.
- New York has also submitted legislation to support this.
This truly is an abomination. It is disguised by such words as: Compassion & Mercy. Truly, this is not God’s doing. This is nothing more that assisted suicide.
“Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.“
I do understand the heartache of watching someone you love dearly, die a suffering death. It is excruciatingly painful to observe. But are those promoting such a thing wanting to relieve the one that is dying from their pain, or are they more interested in relieving their own?
Because of the decades of legalized abortion, the value of life has been diminished. Where does this end? Should folks like Vaneetha Rendall Risner and Joni Eareckson Tada simply be put out of their misery? If you are not familiar with these two courageous women, please take the time to read their stories. Life to me is precious and to destroy it simply based on someone’s personal feelings that another should not be alive, does not justify killing another. Where does such thinking end? Do we then kill children who are handicapped because we ‘feel’ they would be better off dead than go thru life in such a manner? Do we kill off all who are mentally handicapped because we ‘feel’ it would be more compassionate? Should we kill off all Vets that have returned from war without limbs, etc? Just asking. Where does this insanity end? It’s murder…plain & simple.
“Thou shalt not kill.”
This is death by convenience. After all, in addition to the promoted reasoning of relieving another’s suffering, there is big money to be made off of it by those who perform it. Some are persuaded that it is better for society as a whole to reduce last day medical expenses that burden others. Others see it as a simple way to enact population control. Pharmaceutical companies benefit. Insurance companies benefit.
God is the source of Life: Gen. 2:7 then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature. Death is an enemy: 1 Cor. 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. God told Israel to choose life: Dt. 30:19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live. Job testifies in Job 30:23: “I know you will bring me down to death, to the place appointed for all the living.” God, alone, has the power over death: Rev. 21:4 4 “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Job 14:5 A person’s days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.
Euthanasia and assisted suicide are man’s attempts to usurp that authority from God.
Eccl. 17:4 14 In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him. “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
We do not often understand the reason and purpose behind suffering. What we do know is that God is Love. How are we to know what God is doing in the heart of the sufferer? Will a person’s momentary suffering result in that person calling out to God, and in so doing, spend eternity in joyful bliss as a result? How dare such people ‘play God’!
Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Surgeon General C. Everett Koop warned that the practice of medicine “cannot be both our healer and our killer”.
Eccl. 8:8a No man has power to retain the spirit, or power over the day of death.
Let us have the fear of God in this matter.
(((HUGS))) Jude Gibbs, Author of ‘Gifts from the Ashes’ currently available at:
Also, a Contributor on ‘The Mighty’: https://themighty.com/2017/03/the-pain-of-holidays-after-the-loss-of-loved-ones/
Please help spread the word…TY!!! (((HUGS)))